January 5, 2011

On the first day of Christmas....

...my true love gave to me....a partridge in a pear tree.
On the 2ND day of Christmas my true love gave to me....two turtle doves...
On the 3RD day of Christmas my true love gave to me....three french hens...
On the 4TH day of Christmas my true love gave to me....Four calling birds...

On the 5TH Day of Christmas my true love gave to me....FIIIIIIIVE GOLDEN RIIINGS!!
On the 6TH day of Christmas my true love gave to me.....six geese a laying....
On the 7TH day of Christmas my true love gave to me....seven swans a swiming...
On the 8TH day of Christmas my true love gave to me....eight maids a milking...
On the 9TH day of Christmas my true love gave to me.....nine ladies dancing....
On the 10TH day of Christmas my true love gave to me....ten lords a leaping...
On the 11TH day of Christmas my true love gave to me....eleven pipers piping....
On the 12TH day of Christmas my true love gave to me....12 drummers drumming..
A few weeks before Christmas we began a lapbook study of the boys favorite Christmas Carol, the Twelve days of Christmas. I added this lapbook to the hands of a child  lapbook to incorporate more handwriting practice in our twoelve days study.The coloring pages we found at DLTK...it was one of the daily things we did to learn about this song and learn all the words.
Each day we learned a new vocabulary word, wrote a few copywork pages, marched our wise men to the nativity, folded up an evelope which held a secret message and colored a picture and of course sang the song as we worked. Then there were special activities different each day. Following are some pictures of our lapbooks and activities.
The coloring pages I tucked into a mailer folder and glued to the very back of the lapbook.
I
I sang, they knelt behind the table, and as the days came up they produced the puppets again and again. I think we are now somewhat tired of our favorite song. I am glad it will not come around until next year. But I must say after 12 days of looking it we KNOW IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment